Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Skiing, Snow, and Sun: Just A Few of My Favorite Things

It's my third day here in Colorado and the skiing is getting better and better everyday. After resolving a few issues with my boots last night I had a great day on the hill today. There was 6 inches of fresh powder and the sun was shinning all day. I don't think I could ask for more!

An important thing to keep in mind during the start of the season, especially is how much free skiing you need to be doing. That is why for the first five days at Loveland 75% of our skiing has been drills and free runs. In order to get yourself ready for skiing in gates you need to prepare!

Also while being in the mountains I've kept a water bottle on me at ALL times! Hydration is the key to success out here. If you forget to drink water you're going to pay the price later when you have a headache and no energy. So remember always hydrate!!

Finally I just wanted to say that most importantly I've been having a blast out here! Team Central is a great group and I look forward to seeing these athletes and coaches at competitions this season.

Remember ski fast, always!

XOXO Skier Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment