Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday River

Sunday River is the place to ski! I was out east for the past 10 days and wow, what an amazing trip. There aren't many places in the world where you can ski in the rain, on sugar snow, and have 13 inches of powder all in the same week. I was highly impressed by the Eastern mountains and what difficult training opportunities they provide.

During the first part of the week I was frustrated with the conditions and disappointed in how I was skiing. Now the week is over and I think that overall I learned a lot. Sometimes when you want something so badly, it's easy to forget that you have to fail once in a while in order to make gains and succeed. 

I trained the entire month of November and I would say that this past week in Maine was the most productive. I may not have skied my best but spending a week on unreliable conditions is going to give me the mental confidence and physical strength to be ready for the first race on December 17th and 18th. 

If you get the chance stop by Nubs Nob in Michigan to watch the first Mid-Am! December 17th and 18th!

XOXO Skier Girl

BOYNE Racing Team: Sunday River

No comments:

Post a Comment